Monday, 1 October 2012

Jamies Preliminary Front Cover Evaluation




My front cover evaluation.

I thought my front cover went pretty well. First of all, I think the positioning of my picture, in relation to the text, is pretty good. I managed to capture in some white posters on the door in my picture, which gave me a natural background to put my text onto. The lighting on my photo is pretty good as well. It wasn't too bright, and there was no glare, but then again, it wasn't too dark either. I'll admit, the photo needed top be brightened up a bit. But that was it. I've stuck to a house style of a blue and black writing, and my masthead and banner stick to this. I've used the same font on my front cover and on my contents page. My masthead is clear on my front cover, and i've got a decent block of text, summarising what's in this month's issue. The picture of Emma has a small bit of glare on her face, but apart from that she looks great. She's smiling in it, which is a good sign as it gives my magazine a positive feel, before the readers have even picked it up. Overall, i'd say my front cover was a success.

My target for next time, would be, to try and come up with a sub-heading, like a tag-line, to really grab in my readers, to make them buy it.



No comments:

Post a Comment