My first picture I decided to get rid of was one that I took
during my photo shoot for my front cover. I’m discarding it, because my model
is looking towards the camera along with a slight bit of blurriness. It might
not look like much, but blown up, the guitar head is very blurred, to the point
it doesn't look like it’s there and there’s an obvious movement of him.
My next photo that I’m rejecting is one of my model inside a small courtyard. The lighting is poor, and he’s too far away from the camera and there’s nothing happening in the foreground to support him being that far back. For example, if we had some fans dancing or something, and him being on a stage, that might warrant this, but as there is nothing but black space, it’s ok for rejection. We were experimenting however, so it’s not that big of a deal. The photo was very clear however, which was a plus...
Another photo I’m rejecting for my front cover is one in
which we decided to try and use a different colour of lighting in our photo, so
we used a red filter on an outside light to achieve this effect. It looked
pretty good, but this particular photograph was taking when I slipped a bit and
blurred it. The other photos with this effect came out pretty good, but when I
got closer to my model, the light was burning out the texture from the picture
around the lighter coloured parts of his outfit.
for my front cover, I’ve decided on this picture because it has my model centered, there's no burn or excessive lighting on him and he's looking off into the middle distance, as if in deep thought...
For my contents page, I’m going to use some equipment shots,
or maybe an instrument. I haven’t decided. It’s going to be between one of my
shots of the input device used in recording that measures the gain of the
inputs, or a mixing desk. I like all three of my pictures, but I prefer no.1 due to
it looking very professional, with how the various dials, sliders and knobs face out towards the back of the photo. a great use of depth of field in my opinion and I’ll probably use that one for my contents page.
1.
2.
3.
My dps picture is either probably going to be a combination of two photo’s, Or something like a collage. i’m going to use an album art style photo, which was created by this picture. Yes, the picture is blurry, but with the adjustments we’ve made, the background has become a painted style background with a tool. It looks pretty cool, because my models’ shadow, is carving a path through the paint style work and his obvious blurriness has been removed.
No comments:
Post a Comment