Thursday, 27 September 2012

Jamie's Preliminary Photo Analysis

  -->
My first image is of my model next to a tree. Unfortunately it is very blurred and is the worst of my pics, for this sole reason alone. The lighting in my image is ok, the positioning isn't that good, given that the tree is in the foreground, but is in competition with my model, and this causes on confusion to the audience of where he focus is. This photo follows the grid method but the focus is still altered.




So, that was my number 1 bad photo for obvious reasons, because of the blur. The rest of it, isn't that bad, but it's not perfect.
My second photo is one that has hardly any of my model in it. This was because I wanted to see if I could get the sixth form entrance sign, in the photo but still retain it as a midshot. It didn't work, at all. It showed my models head, and the sign, but this doesn't constitute a mid-shot. The lighting on my model was pretty good in this shot, she didn't complain of having to squint from the light, and there is no obvious glare on her. Because she isn't fully in the shot, then the positioning can't be considered, because she isn't really in a position.



My third photograph is one that has my model in, but has her not in a midshot and because of the distance, a little blurry. Now, this picture would've been a good one, it has my model manly in the centre, but a little to the right allowing for text to be placed on the opposite side, which would make for pretty good magazine cover. The reason this isn't a mid-shot is because my model is sat down, and a fair distance away. I'm not too displeased with this result, as it was a sort of experiment shot, so it wasn't a big disaster it didn't work. The lighting in this shot was ok I guess, it wasn't too dark or too bright, but it was he fact that you couldn't really tell much of the detail, so it came out abit dull.



Now for my top three...
1.my first photo which I consider to be one of my best, is one where I caught my model messing about on the job. The lighting, positioning and blur-ness are all sorted out. It looks pretty good, it's comical, because it looks like my model is praying to the tee, given her hands are cupped together and she's looking upwards at the tree. . I would use this, but unfortunately it just isn't the mode was going for my magazine.




My second photo, is of my model on top of a wall. And when I say that, I mean she was sat on a high wall. This shot was a good one, because the photo isn't a dull one, but the lighting is a bit bright on her face, and she's in the center of the shot, which leaves little room on the rest of the page for the headlines, and other article information my magazine would have on it's front cover. Aside from that, I can't think of a way it could be improved. 





My best photo, in my opinion, was one that did have some glare on my model but, due to the other qualities of the photo, it makes up for it. The best photo has glare across half of the face, but the positioning gives us a clear idea of the focus and allows us room to place, titles, headings, sub-headings and other info for a front page. Overall, I consider this to be my best photo. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment